Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Well hello my little Mexican Jumping Bean!

Haha, I was reading in one of my books and it said that this week you are about the size of a kidney bean, but that you rarely sleep and are constantly moving around.  The book ironically referred to you as a Mexican Jumping Bean.  LOL Your father and I have been having fun with that.

I harassed your father about you being a boy again this week.  Once elderly lady said that if your butt grows when you are pregnant, then it is a boy.  One of my books said the less morning sickness you have, the more likely it is to be a boy.  It is going to be fun putting all of these wive’s tales together to see how far off they really are.

There really wasn’t much to report this past week.  This past weekend, your father and I were having bad allergies, so on Saturday, we went to bed at 6pm.  We woke up at 10:30pm, watched a movie, and then went back to be around 12:30am.  We slept in until about 7am.  We are lazy bums.  We also went back to Baby’s R Us and played with the carseat/strollers again to confirm which one we wanted and why.  The carseat/stroller we want is not only recommended by Consumer Affairs due to its high safety rating, but also two other websites due to its ease of use moving from the vehicle to the stroller.  This is the stroller we are planning to get.



Additionally, due to my expanding waistline, my bottoms are not fitting very well.  The belly band that I bought works, however, I constantly fidget with it and since my pants are not buttoned, it makes me self conscious.  Thus, your father and I went maternity clothes shopping.  I am so embarrassed and was so embarrassed as we were shopping because I am still so early along.  Many women do not start to show until well into their second trimester, and here I am, only two months along, shopping for maternity clothes.  Your father has been so supportive, however, telling me not to worry about it so much, that I am pregnant and I am still beautiful and he still finds me attractive.  Of course, since I am so insecure, I assume he is lying.  HEHE  When the day was done, I got two pairs of work pants, one summer dress, and three pairs of shorts.  Man, maternity clothes are sooooo comfortable!

We measured my belly this weekend and when you compare it to the previous two measurements, you can see that the bottom part of my belly (where you start to show first) is definitely popping out.  The upper part isn’t expanding as much.

This weekend also represents the second period I have now missed.  It is so weird to be expecting a period and it does not come.  My lack of periods is the main thing that keeps me believing that I am in fact pregnant, otherwise, I have no other symptoms stilly, therefore, I have a hard time wrapping my mind around being pregnant.

My test results showed up online from the seven viles of blood I gave at my first doctor’s appointment.  All looks good except it appears as though I have a urinary tract infection.  This is somewhat surprising since I don’t have any symptoms (no pain).  I imagine the doctor will prescribe me antibiotics at my appointment next week.  I thought about calling them and just starting now, but I hate talking on the phone, so I am still debating.  HEHE

Oh, this past Sunday was Mother’s Day.  I got two cards (from Grandma Segarra and Mulroy) and several text messages.  It was funny to me because I don’t consider myself a mother yet.  My mom insisted on calling me before I called her, as she wanted to tell my “Happy Mother’s Day” for my first holiday.  LOL  You can tell that it is setting her with her that I am pregnant with you.  She was so giddy on the phone talking about the books she is getting you.  When your father talked to your Grandma Sanchez (which sounds funny to me since your father’s grandma is Grandma Sanchez to me J) he said she was very excited as well.  I am glad the family is looking forward to you, as your father and I could not be happier.

Alright my little bean, I shall go for now.  I will update you again in the near future.

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive