Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hello my little blueberry (or as your father likes to tease me about, my little pink berry). You will never guess what I spent my Saturday afternoon/evening doing….I was learning to sew from my best friend Nora. I told Nora about how I wanted to make curtains for your room that matched your hungry caterpillar theme, and well, she just ran with it. We went out shopping for the fabric and once we had it picked out, we returned home and stayed up until 12:30a.m. making your curtain. If you noticed, I said curtain, not plural. It took us several hours to get them planned out and to make just the one. HAHA We will have to return to making the other one another weekend. It was fun, especially since it goes with your theme pretty well. Here are pictures of the “mess” we tried to clean up and the one curtain.




As for Nora, I really hope you will get to know her. She is the best girl friend I have ever had. Very patient, unselfish, and compassionate. She is also flexible which comes in handy for scheduling with your father and I. We could easily call her up on a Saturday night and ask her to go do some random thing and she will be all for it. Nora has had a rough year herself and she is one of the few people that can truly understand how excited your father and I are to be pregnant with you. I hope that she gets to play a big part in your life, however, I am also aware that since your father and I will be moving due to his job so it will make it harder to maintain a hands on relationship. We have discussed her coming to our ultrasounds and being a part of the birth. She is all for it and seems just as excited as us.

Last night one of your father’s friends from when we were stationed in Alaska came into into town. In addition, your father had an MRI scheduled at 12:30am, therefore, so we are tired. I am only worked half a day today and your father was off, so I was able to get a nap in. HAHA As we age, it is harder and harder to function off of a few hours of sleep. Damn old age!

Alright little blueberry/pink berry. I am off. I will update you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive