Friday, May 4, 2012

First Appointment...Boooo


So yesterday was our first doctor’s appointment.  They didn’t tell us what to expect, whether we were going to get an ultrasound or not, if I was going to have to have an exam or not, etc. so I went with a full bladder just in case.  Boy were we disappointed.  We filled out a lot of paperwork and then I had to do a urine test and have SEVEN viles of blood taken! However, besides our disappointment we did find out when our first ultrasound will be, and we should be able to hear your heart beat at this one….May 22nd!  Now, it is a countdown to that date.  I just want to know that you are healthy.  Of course this is the date they will do an exam too, so that won’t be very much fun.  And the ultrasound is a transvaginal one too, so you are really pushing our luck already.  HEHE
The lady that was doing our paperwork was laughing at your father and I the entire time.  Your father and I always have a tendancy to pick on each other quite often.  This appointment was more of the same.  We made jokes about how your father finally agreed to make his purchase by getting me pregnant.  She laughed because I insisted that if there was a male doctor, or any male for that matter, in the room, I will not deliver you.  She laughed because I was very adamant about not knowing your sex.  We had her cracking up the whole time.  However, she did say that your father and I have done well on our planning and are doing everything right for you.  She picked on me because I wouldn’t take Tylenol for my headache.  I told her, anything to make sure you have the best chance.  We want you healthy, no matter what my sacrifice is.  Your father gave me the best compliment a few weeks back when he said that he knew that no matter what ever happened to he and I, that I was the woman he wanted to have his children because he knows I will do best for you.  He said a lot of woman won’t make sacrifices for their babies (like continuing to smoke, etc.) but that I do and will.  J  Sometimes he knows all of the right things to say.
Other than that, not much else to report.  Yesterday was 7 weeks pregnant, only 33 more to go, that is generally.  You will come when you are ready.  I promise not to be like other moms who try to rush you out of my belly.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive